Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- Durham-Chapel Hill Light Rail Project: Where Those Rails Might Go
- 'High School Is Not Easy. It's Not'
- NC County Will Trade Vintage Bonnie And Clyde Style Machine Guns For New Weapons
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Business & Economy
Thu November 15, 2012
SAS Tops "World's Best" List
Cary-based SAS has topped the grand-daddy of Best Places to Work lists. SAS is number one on the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces list. To make the top 25 list – a company has to have more than five-thousand employees, with at least 40-percent of them working outside the company’s home country. Lisa Pappas is a Customer Experience Tester at SAS.
Lisa Pappas: "Typically I could stay at a company for about five years before I got bored, with what I was doing. SAS is the first place that when I hit the five year itch, instead of having to go somewhere else I was able to move to a distinctly different role."
Feedback from SAS employees in Cary lists the free Health Care Center as a top amenity. Google ranked number two on the multi-national list. Durham-based Quintiles ranked 23rd.