Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Thu August 4, 2011
Same-Sex Marriage in NC
Same-sex marriage has long been illegal in North Carolina, but some lawmakers want to take the prohibition a step further. Among the proposed amendments to the North Carolina constitution is one that would outlaw gay marriage. When the General Assembly reconvenes in September, it will consider whether to put that amendment on a 2012 ballot.