Most Active Stories
- Political Flyer With Photo Of Lynching Distributed At North Carolina Church
- 'Masses' Of Sharks Near Shore On Carolina Coast
- Academic Fraud At UNC: Athletes Directed Toward Bogus Classes
- Photos Of Same-Sex Marriage Celebrations Around North Carolina
- 'Too Good To Be True' - Hundreds Of NC Schools Offer Free Meals To All Kids
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue June 17, 2014
Sales Tax For Education
North Carolina counties are bracing themselves for statewide education cuts under consideration by the General Assembly. Guilford County schools stand to lose between $6 million and $21 million from the state.
In an effort to mitigate the loss, the Guilford County Board of Commissioners is considering a referendum on increasing the sales tax rate. Host Frank Stasio talks with News & Record reporter Kelly Poe.