Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu May 5, 2011
Saint John Paul II?
Earlier this week, Pope John Paul II was beatified in Rome, with 1.5 million people in attendance. Beatification is the penultimate step toward achieving sainthood in the Catholic Church. The process of canonization is something author Justin Catanoso came to understand while writing his book, “My Cousin, the Saint” (Harper Collins/2008).
His relative, an Italian parish priest named Gaetano Catanoso, was beatified 14 years ago and named a saint in 2005.