Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu May 5, 2011
Saint John Paul II?
Earlier this week, Pope John Paul II was beatified in Rome, with 1.5 million people in attendance. Beatification is the penultimate step toward achieving sainthood in the Catholic Church. The process of canonization is something author Justin Catanoso came to understand while writing his book, “My Cousin, the Saint” (Harper Collins/2008).
His relative, an Italian parish priest named Gaetano Catanoso, was beatified 14 years ago and named a saint in 2005.