Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Tue September 25, 2012
Ryan Adams: Losering, A Story of Whiskeytown
There’s a lot of nostalgia for the 1990s these days. The economy was on the upswing. The music industry, the publishing industry, and the newspaper industry were all in better shape than they are now. And for a time there, it looked like the Triangle region of North Carolina might be the next big thing in popular music.
One guy who made it out of the 90s, out of the Triangle and to international success was singer/songwriter Ryan Adams, co-founder of the popular alt-country band Whiskeytown. Host Frank Stasio will be joined by David Menconi, the music critic for the News and Observer, to talk about Menconi’s new book, "Ryan Adams: Losering, A Story of Whiskeytown" (University of Texas Press/2012).