Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed December 18, 2013
Russia Throws Ukraine A Financial Lifeline
Russian President Vladimir Putin is giving Ukraine a a financial boost through a $15 billion loan. The deal also includes a large cut in the price of natural gas. Ukraine currently pays some of the highest gas prices in Europe.
The boost comes while thousands of people continue to protest Ukrainian President Victor Yanukovich’s decision to suspend talks with the European Union.
BBC correspondent David Stern joins Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson from Kiev to discuss the deal and the reactions from the protesters in Kiev.
- David Stern, BBC correspondent in Kiev, Ukraine.