Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- NORAD's Santa Tracker Began With A Typo And A Good Sport
- A North Carolina Pie That Elicits An 'Oh My God' Response
- The “Lost” Recordings of an Overlooked Banjo Great
- Dozens Say NC's Proposed Rules For Abortion Clinics Are OK, But A Few Disagree
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Tue September 3, 2013
Rural Health Center Opens In Hoke County
A health care community center opens today in Hoke County, a first for residents in that rural area. The center will offer a range of services from mental health and substance abuse counseling to family medicine and preventive care. The facility is being operated by the Robeson Health Care Corporation. The company's Marlo Fulmore says the center will cater primarily to low-income residents.
“For those who don't have health insurance, they'll have access to our MAP program which is a $25 sliding scale to be seen at our facilities for treatment,” says Fulmore.
The center is partly supported by a state-funded Medical Access Plan or MAP. It's located in the Hoke county seat of Raeford, where a huge poultry processing plant recently closed.
Business & Economy