Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- Durham-Chapel Hill Light Rail Project: Where Those Rails Might Go
- 'High School Is Not Easy. It's Not'
- NC County Will Trade Vintage Bonnie And Clyde Style Machine Guns For New Weapons
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri December 20, 2013
Ricky Skaggs On His Kentucky Mountain Origins
Ricky Skaggs was just five years old when he first got his hands on a mandolin. Many boys in small town Kentucky were playing the guitar or the fiddle, but not the mandolin. With a rich and varied career in bluegrass and country, Skaggs is known for that masterful mandolin sound.
He performs in Durham tomorrow night as part of the Skaggs Family Christmas. Host Frank Stasio talks with Skaggs about his origins and his most recent autobiography, "Kentucky Traveler: My Life in Music" (It Books, 2013).