Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- Witness To A Texas Execution: Part One
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
- 'Completely Unique': Cave-Dwelling Female Insects Have Penises
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Thu May 19, 2011
Reynolds Price: A Long And Happy Life
Duke will celebrate the life and work of Reynolds Price today. Price died in January at the age of 77.
Colleagues, students, and friends will gather this afternoon at Duke Chapel to remember one of the school’s most beloved writers and teachers. They are expected to read from some of Price’s work, tell their favorite stories, and listen to music performances.
Following Price’s wishes, Duke did not hold a funeral when he died in January. Price spent nearly two-thirds of his life at Duke. He grew up in Warren County, graduated from Duke in 1955, and studied at Oxford, England. He wrote nearly three dozen books while teaching several generations of writers at his alma mater. Today’s event is free and open to the public.
State of Things