Most Active Stories
- Raleigh Viral Video: 'Xmas Jammies' Close To 11 Million Youtube Views
- Evelin Huerta: 'My Brother's Death Is Still A Mystery'
- Professors: NC Conservative Think Tank Trying To 'Bully' Chapel Hill Instructor
- Listeners Comment: NC Ranks #7 On List Of Nation’s Worst Drivers
- How Did #NotYourAsianSidekick Become The Place To Talk About Race and Stereotypes Online?
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Wed September 7, 2011
Dr. Nortin Hadler says the human body has an end date – about 85 years old – and thinking you’re going to live much beyond that is mostly wishful thinking. But the health care industry wants to convince you otherwise, he says. They want you getting heart bypass surgery in your 80s, being treated for cancers that won’t kill you and worrying about a host of problems that aren’t as dangerous as they seem.