Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Thu March 10, 2011
'Resiliency Fair' at Fort Bragg
A fair being held at Fort Bragg today will focus on resiliency. The first-ever “Resiliency Fair” is a chance for soldier and their families to learn about some of the support services available at the sprawling Army post. Master Sergeant Jennifer Loredo says resiliency is an important part of being a soldier:
"Being able to bounce back from an event that happens in your life and either grow from it or move forward. Soldiers and family members and people in general really can always work on improving their resilience, and so that’s kind of what this is about."
Representatives from a suicide prevention group and an Army Wellness Center will be there, along with family counselors, chaplains and more. The fair is from 9 am to 3 pm at the Soldier Support Center.