Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Business & Economy
Wed November 14, 2012
Research Triangle Park Bus Hits the Road
Business, education and political leaders have given the Research Triangle Foundation a “thumbs-up” on its new, long-awaited master plan for the park. Now the folks in RTP are selling the new vision across the state.
The RTP Tour Bus is a little cooler than a yellow school bus. It has “Pathways to Opportunity” plastered across the side along with the words “re-connect, re-imagine and re-develop” underneath. Bob Geolas is President and CEO of the Research Triangle Foundation.
Bob Geolas: "We’ve set up events with community colleges across the state, some universities as well, business leaders, economic development people, citizens, We said, we are going to come to your town, would you like to see us. Everybody I called said yes we want to help."
The RTP bus tour will make stops from Boone to Elizabeth City over the next couple of weeks. Meanwhile site and land planning for the new RTP master plan is underway.