Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Wed May 9, 2012
Republican Run-Offs Expected
In the Council of State races, Republicans appear headed for several run offs.
Leoneda Inge: Linda Coleman topped Eric Mansfield for the Democratic spot in the race for Lt. Governor. Raleigh architect Dan Forest was the highest vote-getter out of the Republican candidates but failed to garner 40-percent of the vote. Several other races don’t have clear Republican challengers either. They include Superintendent of Public Instruction, State Auditor, Secretary of State and Commissioner of Insurance. On the Democratic side, there could be a run-off in the race for Commissioner of Labor. Candidates who are the runner-up in these tight races have until May 17th to request a run-off.