Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Wed May 9, 2012
Republican Run-Offs Expected
In the Council of State races, Republicans appear headed for several run offs.
Leoneda Inge: Linda Coleman topped Eric Mansfield for the Democratic spot in the race for Lt. Governor. Raleigh architect Dan Forest was the highest vote-getter out of the Republican candidates but failed to garner 40-percent of the vote. Several other races don’t have clear Republican challengers either. They include Superintendent of Public Instruction, State Auditor, Secretary of State and Commissioner of Insurance. On the Democratic side, there could be a run-off in the race for Commissioner of Labor. Candidates who are the runner-up in these tight races have until May 17th to request a run-off.