Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Tue May 15, 2012
Republican Governors Association Attacks Dalton In TV Ad
The Republican Governor's Association is attacking Democratic gubernatorial candidate Walter Dalton in a new television ad.
RGA Ad: Walter Dalton is Bev Perdue's right-hand man. Now Walter Dalton is running away from Perdue.
Gurnal Scott: The ad in part says Perdue and Dalton's policies are the reason for the state's high unemployment rate.
RGA AD: Under Perdue and high tax policies, 40,000 more North Carolinians are out of work.
N.C. State University economist Mike Walden doesn't dispute job losses but stops short at placing blame.
Mike Walden: What I cannot do and indeed it's a matter of intense debate and a fairly complicated issue is if there are job changes, what policies or what factors are behind those.
Walden says if taxes are changed..it's how that revenue is used that determines how well, or poorly, the economy responds.