Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Tue May 15, 2012
Republican Governors Association Attacks Dalton In TV Ad
The Republican Governor's Association is attacking Democratic gubernatorial candidate Walter Dalton in a new television ad.
RGA Ad: Walter Dalton is Bev Perdue's right-hand man. Now Walter Dalton is running away from Perdue.
Gurnal Scott: The ad in part says Perdue and Dalton's policies are the reason for the state's high unemployment rate.
RGA AD: Under Perdue and high tax policies, 40,000 more North Carolinians are out of work.
N.C. State University economist Mike Walden doesn't dispute job losses but stops short at placing blame.
Mike Walden: What I cannot do and indeed it's a matter of intense debate and a fairly complicated issue is if there are job changes, what policies or what factors are behind those.
Walden says if taxes are changed..it's how that revenue is used that determines how well, or poorly, the economy responds.