Most Active Stories
- Raleigh Viral Video: 'Xmas Jammies' Close To 11 Million Youtube Views
- Evelin Huerta: 'My Brother's Death Is Still A Mystery'
- Professors: NC Conservative Think Tank Trying To 'Bully' Chapel Hill Instructor
- Listeners Comment: NC Ranks #7 On List Of Nation’s Worst Drivers
- How Did #NotYourAsianSidekick Become The Place To Talk About Race and Stereotypes Online?
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed June 19, 2013
Report: NC Teacher Ed Programs Failing
Four North Carolina teacher training programs are among the worst in the country, according to a report from the National Council on Teacher Quality.
Teacher education programs have come under fire from many different sides, but the latest report from the National Council on Teacher Quality paints an especially bleak picture.
According to the report, seven out of ten programs across the country do not prepare teachers adequately. The report rated 18 programs in North Carolina. Four of the programs – at Catawba College, Fayetteville State, Greensboro College, and UNC-Pembroke – received less than one star, the lowest rating. This report was the first of its kind from this group. Educators and other experts say the data and method are flawed and the National Council on Teacher Quality was formed specifically to undermine Schools of Education.