Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Thu April 11, 2013
Folt To Be Named New Chancellor At UNC-Chapel Hill
WUNC has confirmed that the current interim president at Dartmouth College is the choice to become the new chancellor at UNC-Chapel Hill.
Carol Folt has been at Dartmouth for 30 years. After graduating with degrees from U.C. Santa Barbara and U.C. Davis, she climbed the ranks from environmental science professor at Dartmouth to Dean to Provost. Last summer, she was named interim president.
On Friday, Folt is expected to be named the new Chancellor at UNC-Chapel Hill. She would become the first woman ever to hold the job.
Folt replaces Holden Thorp, who announced his resignation last year. The UNC Board of Governors is expected to vote on Folt’s hiring at a special meeting Friday afternoon.