Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Mon September 3, 2012
20 years ago on August 24th Hurricane Andrew turned South Florida upside down. In this hour-long documentary, "Remembering Andrew" uses home videos, archival news footage, 911 calls, personal recollections and even a bureaucratic document from the British consul general in Miami to tell the story of Hurricane Andrew.
The documentary follows two main characters each changed by the storm in their own profound way: Jenny Del Campo, a typical teenager living in southern Dade County and Bryan Norcross, a TV weatherman.
Hear the program online