Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Business & Economy
Wed November 14, 2012
RDU Offers Traveler Rewards Program
Passengers who travel through Raleigh-Durham Airport will have a chance to earn rewards for their business.
Things will get really busy very soon at RDU Airport.
Michael Landguth: "Friday actually kicks off the busiest travel period of the year for RDU so we want to introduce a new program."
Airport director Michael Landguth says the "Thanks Again" program will reward customers who eat, park and shop at the airport with one bonus mile per dollar spent. "Thanks Again" is a national rewards program that offers frequent flier miles and other rewards. RDU customer service manager Jane Martin says the program works at more than 150 other airports.
Jane Martin: "For additional bonuses or up to five points per dollar for every dollar you spend during a 90-day period."
RDU also plans a "white glove" service to direct passengers through the terminal and help with baggage during the busy holiday rush.