Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Around the Nation
Thu April 10, 2014
Rat Shakes Up New York Subway Commuters
Originally published on Thu April 10, 2014 7:54 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
Maybe you remember that 2006 film Snakes on a Plane. Well, today we bring you rats on a train. New Yorkers pride themselves on being pretty tough. But one morning this week, commuters could not keep their cool when a rat joined them in their subway car. A YouTube video of the incident shows the riders screaming, sobbing, and jumping up onto their seats, just as the train conductor comes over the loudspeaker and tells them to have a safe day.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.