Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Business & Economy
Fri June 15, 2012
Ralph Lauren Adding 500 Jobs In High Point
Clothing manufacturer Ralph Lauren has announced it will expand in North Carolina.
Jeff Tiberii: The company plans to add 500 jobs by the end of 2017 while also investing about $100 million. Ralph Lauren is the city’s fourth largest employer and will have nearly 2,000 local workers after these additions. Governor Bev Perdue says the growth is a positive sign for the economy.
Bev Perdue: We’ve got the textiles themselves and we’ve got the call center, we’ve got the call center and today we’re getting their electronic center distribution and a lot of their different skill set jobs. So you’ve got the whole bailey wig here in High Point – which means they ain’t goin’ anywhere and that’s good news for us.
The company will receive about $3.2 million in financial incentives from the city, Guilford County and the state. Thursday’s announcement came just a month after the company said it would add 400 jobs in the state. The average annual wage for the new jobs will be $31,000.