Most Active Stories
- Viral Video: 'XMas Jammies' Features WNCN Anchor Penn Holderness And His Family
- DOT Secretary And SELC Director Debate Bonner Bridge
- Professors: NC Conservative Think Tank Trying To 'Bully' Chapel Hill Instructor
- Listeners Comment: NC Ranks #7 On List Of Nation’s Worst Drivers
- The Case Against Multivitamins Grows Stronger
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Tue January 18, 2011
Raleigh Preps For NHL All-Star Game
Raleigh City Council members will hear an update tonight on the preparations for the NHL All-Star game. The game will be played at the RBC Center at the end of this month, but there will also be concerts and a fan-fair event in downtown Raleigh.
Scott Dupree is the Vice President for Sports Marketing at the Raleigh Visitors Bureau. He says the impact of the game goes beyond the expected $10 million it will generate for the local economy.
"The economic impact is significant, but in my opinion it may not be as important as the media exposure and the visibility that this brings to Raleigh in general, to the state of North Carolina and in particular to the RBC Center."
The NHL All–Star Game will be held January 30th.