Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- Why Legislators Are Changing State Environmental Policy
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Tue January 18, 2011
Raleigh Preps For NHL All-Star Game
Raleigh City Council members will hear an update tonight on the preparations for the NHL All-Star game. The game will be played at the RBC Center at the end of this month, but there will also be concerts and a fan-fair event in downtown Raleigh.
Scott Dupree is the Vice President for Sports Marketing at the Raleigh Visitors Bureau. He says the impact of the game goes beyond the expected $10 million it will generate for the local economy.
"The economic impact is significant, but in my opinion it may not be as important as the media exposure and the visibility that this brings to Raleigh in general, to the state of North Carolina and in particular to the RBC Center."
The NHL All–Star Game will be held January 30th.