Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Arts & Culture
Tue May 17, 2011
Raleigh Plans Benefit Concert
Raleigh will host a benefit concert for tornado victims. The city hopes to raise money to give to charities, including the Salvation Army and the Inter-Faith Food Shuttle.
The “Rise Up Raleigh concert” will include 11 bands and take place at the Downtown Raleigh Amphitheater - just 200 yards north of a spot where one of the tornadoes touched down.
Marcy Playground and local favorite The Connells will headline the event. All of the bands will perform at no charge. Attendees will be asked to donate at the door. The April 16th tornadoes in Raleigh destroyed 138 homes and damaged about 700 others.
The Rise Up Raleigh concert will take place Friday, June 3.