Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Arts & Culture
Tue May 17, 2011
Raleigh Plans Benefit Concert
Raleigh will host a benefit concert for tornado victims. The city hopes to raise money to give to charities, including the Salvation Army and the Inter-Faith Food Shuttle.
The “Rise Up Raleigh concert” will include 11 bands and take place at the Downtown Raleigh Amphitheater - just 200 yards north of a spot where one of the tornadoes touched down.
Marcy Playground and local favorite The Connells will headline the event. All of the bands will perform at no charge. Attendees will be asked to donate at the door. The April 16th tornadoes in Raleigh destroyed 138 homes and damaged about 700 others.
The Rise Up Raleigh concert will take place Friday, June 3.