Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Thu January 6, 2011
Raleigh Businesses Gear Up For All-Star Weekend
Thousands of hockey fans will gather in Raleigh later this month for All-Star Weekend and local businesses are preparing by sharpening their customer service skills. A conference will be held this afternoon by Wake Tech Community College at the RBC center.
Wake Tech instructor Jane Broden says the presentation will focus on customer service for small business owners, retailers, hospitality staff, and managers.
"Some people here feel a lot of pressure that we have to be sort of the Andy Griffith or the “southern hospitality” and that they already put a lot of pressure on us. So, you know, we need to be patient. We need to be accommodating to different cultures and different people coming in. And just a great reminder of that this time of year is a good thing."
The 2011 NHL All-Star Weekend takes place January 28th through the 30th.