Most Active Stories
- Political Flyer With Photo Of Lynching Distributed At North Carolina Church
- Academic Fraud At UNC: Athletes Directed Toward Bogus Classes
- The North Carolina Baseball Roots Of World Series Pitching Ace Madison Bumgarner
- Check Out This Handy NC 'Ballot-Builder'
- Meet The North Carolina Boy With A 3D Printed Hand
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue February 18, 2014
Raising The Minimum Wage
President Barack Obama signed an executive order last week to raise the minimum wage for federal contract workers to $10.10 per hour. He is pushing for Congress to pass a bill that will do the same for all Americans.
Host Frank Stasio talks with Jeffrey Dorfman, professor of agricultural and applied economics at the University of Georgia and Bill Lester, professor of city and regional planning at UNC-Chapel Hill, about the effects of raising the minimum wage.