Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- 'Alarming' Number Of Teachers Resigning In Wake County
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
- 'Completely Unique': Cave-Dwelling Female Insects Have Penises
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue February 18, 2014
Raising The Minimum Wage
President Barack Obama signed an executive order last week to raise the minimum wage for federal contract workers to $10.10 per hour. He is pushing for Congress to pass a bill that will do the same for all Americans.
Host Frank Stasio talks with Jeffrey Dorfman, professor of agricultural and applied economics at the University of Georgia and Bill Lester, professor of city and regional planning at UNC-Chapel Hill, about the effects of raising the minimum wage.