Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue February 18, 2014
Raising The Minimum Wage
President Barack Obama signed an executive order last week to raise the minimum wage for federal contract workers to $10.10 per hour. He is pushing for Congress to pass a bill that will do the same for all Americans.
Host Frank Stasio talks with Jeffrey Dorfman, professor of agricultural and applied economics at the University of Georgia and Bill Lester, professor of city and regional planning at UNC-Chapel Hill, about the effects of raising the minimum wage.