Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue February 18, 2014
Raising The Minimum Wage
President Barack Obama signed an executive order last week to raise the minimum wage for federal contract workers to $10.10 per hour. He is pushing for Congress to pass a bill that will do the same for all Americans.
Host Frank Stasio talks with Jeffrey Dorfman, professor of agricultural and applied economics at the University of Georgia and Bill Lester, professor of city and regional planning at UNC-Chapel Hill, about the effects of raising the minimum wage.