Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu March 13, 2014
Questions About Informant Payments By Durham Police
Two local advocacy groups released documents showing the Durham Police Department made payments to informants in criminal matters.
The groups assert the department paid bonuses when defendants were convicted. The police say the payments do not violate policy. Host Frank Stasio talks with WUNC reporter Jorge Valencia and Durham City Council member Steve Schewel about the latest developments.