Most Active Stories
- Duke Mathematicians Investigate 2012 Election Results In North Carolina
- Public Safety Officials: NC Prison Officers Are Getting More Threats From Prison Gangs
- Change Is In The Air For DENR, State Parks
- 'The Last Barn Dance:' Innovation At A North Carolina Dairy Farm
- Teen Author Explores An Alternate Reality
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon March 4, 2013
Queen Elizabeth II Leaves Hospital
Originally published on Mon March 4, 2013 10:24 am
Britain's Queen Elizabeth II was just seen leaving London's King Edward VII hospital, where she had been admitted over the weekend to be treated for symptoms of gastroenteritis.
As NPR's Philip Reeves reported earlier, her stay in the hospital was said by Buckingham Palace to be "a precautionary measure. It was so that doctors could better monitor the 86-year-old monarch. She first became ill last week, forcing her to call off a trip to Wales Friday. Her engagements for the coming week are now postponed or cancelled."
Sky News says the queen is reportedly in good spirits.