Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon July 29, 2013
Putin Puckers Up For 46-Pound Pike In Video
Originally published on Mon July 29, 2013 7:07 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Russian President Vladimir Putin is known for getting out and experiencing the great outdoors. All of his pursuits are meticulously documented by the media. He's ridden horseback shirtless, tranquilized a tiger, plunged into a lake in a submarine, and led migrating birds in a motorized glider.
Thanks to a new Kremlin-produced video, we also now know that he's quite the fisherman. The video is of Putin catching what the Kremlin claims is a 46-pound pike - and then kissing it. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.