Most Active Stories
- Raleigh Viral Video: 'Xmas Jammies' Close To 11 Million Youtube Views
- Durham Police Use Tear Gas To Break Up Protest Of Teen's Death
- Professors: NC Conservative Think Tank Trying To 'Bully' Chapel Hill Instructor
- Listeners Comment: NC Ranks #7 On List Of Nation’s Worst Drivers
- The Case Against Multivitamins Grows Stronger
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu January 31, 2013
Pulitzer Prize-Winner Discusses Definitive Volume On Civil Rights
Taylor Branch's trilogy on Martin Luther King, Jr. -- "The King Years" -- is widely considered the seminal work on one of the 20th century's most important figures. But at 2,300 combined pages, the three volumes can be a bit daunting for even the most interested reader.
So Branch has condensed them into a new book: "The King Years: Historic Moments in the Civil Rights Movement" (Simon & Schuster/2013). Host Frank Stasio discusses MLK's life and legacy with Pulitzer Prize-winning author Taylor Branch.