Most Active Stories
- Duke Mathematicians Investigate 2012 Election Results In North Carolina
- Public Safety Officials: NC Prison Officers Are Getting More Threats From Prison Gangs
- Change Is In The Air For DENR, State Parks
- 'The Last Barn Dance:' Innovation At A North Carolina Dairy Farm
- Teen Author Explores An Alternate Reality
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu January 31, 2013
Pulitzer Prize-Winner Discusses Definitive Volume On Civil Rights
Taylor Branch's trilogy on Martin Luther King, Jr. -- "The King Years" -- is widely considered the seminal work on one of the 20th century's most important figures. But at 2,300 combined pages, the three volumes can be a bit daunting for even the most interested reader.
So Branch has condensed them into a new book: "The King Years: Historic Moments in the Civil Rights Movement" (Simon & Schuster/2013). Host Frank Stasio discusses MLK's life and legacy with Pulitzer Prize-winning author Taylor Branch.