Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Tue January 17, 2012
President Obama to Speak in B of A Stadium
President Obama will make his formal acceptance speech at the Bank of America stadium in Charlotte during the Democratic National Convention later this year.
Jessica Jones: Convention organizers say the president will speak at the Carolina Panthers' home stadium on the last day of the gathering. They're shortening the convention to three days, but there will be an event on Labor Day at Charlotte Motor Speedway. White House press secretary Jay Carney says the president wants the biggest venue possible for his acceptance speech. The stadium has almost [74 thousand seats. President Obama won North Carolina in 2008 by less than one percent. The Democratic National Committee hopes the choice to hold the convention in Charlotte will help the president this time around. Convention organizers say they're on track to raising the 36 million dollars needed to put on the event.