Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Tue January 17, 2012
President Obama to Speak in B of A Stadium
President Obama will make his formal acceptance speech at the Bank of America stadium in Charlotte during the Democratic National Convention later this year.
Jessica Jones: Convention organizers say the president will speak at the Carolina Panthers' home stadium on the last day of the gathering. They're shortening the convention to three days, but there will be an event on Labor Day at Charlotte Motor Speedway. White House press secretary Jay Carney says the president wants the biggest venue possible for his acceptance speech. The stadium has almost [74 thousand seats. President Obama won North Carolina in 2008 by less than one percent. The Democratic National Committee hopes the choice to hold the convention in Charlotte will help the president this time around. Convention organizers say they're on track to raising the 36 million dollars needed to put on the event.