Most Active Stories
- Duke Mathematicians Investigate 2012 Election Results In North Carolina
- Public Safety Officials: NC Prison Officers Are Getting More Threats From Prison Gangs
- Change Is In The Air For DENR, State Parks
- Teen Author Explores An Alternate Reality
- 'The Last Barn Dance:' Innovation At A North Carolina Dairy Farm
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Fri May 11, 2012
The Poems of Wing Lei
Alex Grant is Scottish, not Chinese. But he's long been fascinated by Chinese poetry from the 9th century. For his new book he created a 9th century Chinese poet and he tells his life story through a series of poems.
The book is called "The Poems of Wing Lei" (Wind Publications/2012). In it, Grant explores Buddhism, grief, loss, the monastic life and the beauty of the natural world. He joins host Frank Stasio in the studio today to read from his new book.