Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- 'Alarming' Number Of Teachers Resigning In Wake County
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Fri May 11, 2012
The Poems of Wing Lei
Alex Grant is Scottish, not Chinese. But he's long been fascinated by Chinese poetry from the 9th century. For his new book he created a 9th century Chinese poet and he tells his life story through a series of poems.
The book is called "The Poems of Wing Lei" (Wind Publications/2012). In it, Grant explores Buddhism, grief, loss, the monastic life and the beauty of the natural world. He joins host Frank Stasio in the studio today to read from his new book.