Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Fri May 11, 2012
The Poems of Wing Lei
Alex Grant is Scottish, not Chinese. But he's long been fascinated by Chinese poetry from the 9th century. For his new book he created a 9th century Chinese poet and he tells his life story through a series of poems.
The book is called "The Poems of Wing Lei" (Wind Publications/2012). In it, Grant explores Buddhism, grief, loss, the monastic life and the beauty of the natural world. He joins host Frank Stasio in the studio today to read from his new book.