Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- Charlotte, NC: Take A Virtual Ride On The World's Tallest, Fastest Giga Rollercoaster (Video)
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue June 10, 2014
Pittsboro Approves Chatham Park Expansion
The Pittsboro Board of Commissioners has approved a massive development plan that is expected to send the population soaring from 4,000 to nearly 70,000 over the next three decades.
The 7,000 acres known as Chatham Park offers new business opportunities, jobs and revenue. But some worry it will destroy the small-town charm of Pittsboro and harm water sources in the process.
Host Frank Stasio talks with Pittsboro mayor Bill Terry about Chatham Park.
Business & Economy