Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed March 30, 2011
Picasso And Einstein Walk Into A Bar...
Imagine a situation in which Albert Einstein and Pablo Picasso share an evening at a tavern discussing genius, art, science and the creative process. Comedian Steve Martin did just that when he wrote, “Picasso at the Lapin Agile,” which is currently on stage at the ArtsCenter in Carrboro, North Carolina.
The play engages with weightier concepts while still drawing on Martin’s unique brand of humor. Host Frank Stasio talks with the play’s director, Jeri Lynn Shulke, and actors Adam Samperi and Lucius Robinson about the genius of the main characters and the genius of Martin.