Most Active Stories
- Raleigh Viral Video: 'Xmas Jammies' Close To 11 Million Youtube Views
- Durham Police Use Tear Gas To Break Up Protest Of Teen's Death
- Professors: NC Conservative Think Tank Trying To 'Bully' Chapel Hill Instructor
- Listeners Comment: NC Ranks #7 On List Of Nation’s Worst Drivers
- How Did #NotYourAsianSidekick Become The Place To Talk About Race and Stereotypes Online?
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed March 30, 2011
Picasso And Einstein Walk Into A Bar...
Imagine a situation in which Albert Einstein and Pablo Picasso share an evening at a tavern discussing genius, art, science and the creative process. Comedian Steve Martin did just that when he wrote, “Picasso at the Lapin Agile,” which is currently on stage at the ArtsCenter in Carrboro, North Carolina.
The play engages with weightier concepts while still drawing on Martin’s unique brand of humor. Host Frank Stasio talks with the play’s director, Jeri Lynn Shulke, and actors Adam Samperi and Lucius Robinson about the genius of the main characters and the genius of Martin.