Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- Durham-Chapel Hill Light Rail Project: Where Those Rails Might Go
- 'High School Is Not Easy. It's Not'
- NC County Will Trade Vintage Bonnie And Clyde Style Machine Guns For New Weapons
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu November 14, 2013
Photographer Documents Workboats Of The Core Sound
For decades the primary industry of the Core Sound was the fishing industry which used workboats. Although the fishing business in the area has declined, workboats remain a source of social memory for residents there.
Host Frank Stasio talks with Larry Earley, fine art photographer and author of the new book, “Workboats of The Core Sound: Stories and Photographs of a Changing World” (UNC Press, 2013).