Most Active Stories
- North Carolina Teachers Learn About Undocumented Immigrants Through Remarkable Story
- Teens Help Turn Abandoned North Carolina Prisons Into Farms
- LISTEN: How A Refrigerator Gets Into A Manhole, And Other Raleigh Sewage Secrets
- Global Warming Skeptic Fills Science Seat On Coal Ash Commission In North Carolina
- Take A 3D Virtual Tour Of Proposed Light Rail From Durham To Chapel Hill
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Sun May 25, 2014
PHOTO: Massachusetts Honors Fallen Vets With 37,000 Flags
A picture that crossed the wire, really struck us today. It shows a sea of American flags planted at the Boston Common.
According to the Massachusetts Military Heroes Fund, which plants the flags, it represents the 37,000 Massachusetts residents who have lost their lives in combat since the Revolutionary War.
It's worth noting that on Saturday, the names of the 7,000 service members who have been killed since Sept. 11 were read aloud at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. You can find a list here.