Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
- VIDEO: Colbert Claims To Be A Tar Heel After Sister Loses SC Congressional Race
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Fri August 10, 2012
Phatlynx is a tribute band that honors North Carolina native Link Wray.
Wray was a master of instrumental music and a pioneer of the power chord, which would become the signature sound of hard rock. Phatlynx band members Crispy Bess, Groves Willer, Dave Perry and Robbie Poore join host Frank Stasio to play some of Wray's instrumentals live and talk about the guitarist who Rolling Stone magazine called "the man behind the most important D chord in history." This program originally aired on April 22, 2010.