Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Fri August 10, 2012
Phatlynx is a tribute band that honors North Carolina native Link Wray.
Wray was a master of instrumental music and a pioneer of the power chord, which would become the signature sound of hard rock. Phatlynx band members Crispy Bess, Groves Willer, Dave Perry and Robbie Poore join host Frank Stasio to play some of Wray's instrumentals live and talk about the guitarist who Rolling Stone magazine called "the man behind the most important D chord in history." This program originally aired on April 22, 2010.