Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- 'Alarming' Number Of Teachers Resigning In Wake County
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Thu July 19, 2012
A Peacebuilder's Life
Charles "Chic" Dambach didn't set out to bring peace to the world. In fact, he went to college to smash heads with fellow football players. But when racism on the team forced him to confront the inequities of the world, his path changed. From volunteering with the Peace Corps to working as chief of staff for a U.S.
Congressman, Dambach has spent his life intervening in war-torn countries and trying to bring peace. Host Frank Stasio talks to Dambach about his work and his memoir "Exhaust the Limits: The Life and Times of a Global Peacebuilder" (Apprentice House/2010).