Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Wed July 11, 2012
Paris, I Love You but You're Bringing Me Down
Writer Rosecrans Baldwin landed a job at a Parisian ad agency, and so for 18 months he and his wife lived in the City of Lights. What they confronted was a globalized and modernized city, which differed radically from the Paris of Hemingway and Fitzgerald.
Baldwin joins host Frank Stasio to talk about his memoir on the experience, "Paris, I Love You but You're Bringing Me Down" (Farrar, Straus, and Giroux/2012).