Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Wed July 11, 2012
Paris, I Love You but You're Bringing Me Down
Writer Rosecrans Baldwin landed a job at a Parisian ad agency, and so for 18 months he and his wife lived in the City of Lights. What they confronted was a globalized and modernized city, which differed radically from the Paris of Hemingway and Fitzgerald.
Baldwin joins host Frank Stasio to talk about his memoir on the experience, "Paris, I Love You but You're Bringing Me Down" (Farrar, Straus, and Giroux/2012).