Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- 'Alarming' Number Of Teachers Resigning In Wake County
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Wed July 11, 2012
Paris, I Love You but You're Bringing Me Down
Writer Rosecrans Baldwin landed a job at a Parisian ad agency, and so for 18 months he and his wife lived in the City of Lights. What they confronted was a globalized and modernized city, which differed radically from the Paris of Hemingway and Fitzgerald.
Baldwin joins host Frank Stasio to talk about his memoir on the experience, "Paris, I Love You but You're Bringing Me Down" (Farrar, Straus, and Giroux/2012).