Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Fri July 20, 2012
Orquesta GarDel is a lively group with a Latin core but a diverse offering of members. Thirteen artists with experience in Latino music as well as African- and Anglo American jazz make music perfect to dance to.
The diversity of the group plays out in each song because their composition is a collaborative effort involving input from all 13 musicians. Host Frank Stasio talks to Orquesta GarDel’s co-director Eric Hirsh about the band’s diversity and the influence North Carolina has on their music; and the band will play live.