Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri May 2, 2014
Opera In The Garden
Opera comes to life in elaborate performance halls with high-priced seats. But the high-brow setting is not the only place for opera; it also takes place in modern art museums, bars and even outdoors. "Opera in the Garden" takes the artform outside on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. at Chapel Hill’s North Carolina Botanical Garden.
Host Frank Stasio talks with performers Andrea Moore, a soprano and a vocal performance lecturer at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; Wade Henderson, a tenor and a computer programmer; and Aaron Thacker, a baritone, countertenor and pianist.
For more outdoor entertainment, check out Opera in the Pines on Saturday, May 17 at 7 p.m. at the Koka Booth Ampitheater in Cary.