Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed September 5, 2012
Olympian Gabby Douglas Visits Charlotte
A new children’s health initiative is using the London Olympics and the Democratic National Convention to promote better health on the ground.
Children of all ages were pretty giddy. They were meeting Olympic Gold medal Gymnist Gabby Douglas.
Jailiah Zanders: "I was really excited to see the fab five and I was more excited about coming to see Gabby Douglas because she is one of my role models."
Twelve-year-old Jailiah Zanders and her mom joined dozens of others in downtown Charlotte for Kids Health Goes Gold. Douglas says you don’t have to deprive yourself to be healthy.
Gabby Douglas: "No, you can have a little something here and a little something there, treat yourself to a good treat and always stay active."
Money raised at the event goes to organizations like the Levine Children’s Hospital.
Arts & Culture