Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Business & Economy
Fri December 9, 2011
Occupy Greensboro Plans March
Occupy groups from the Triad are holding an employment march tomorrow.
Organizers expect about 200 people to participate in downtown Greensboro. Members of the occupy groups from Winston-Salem, Greensboro and High Point are joining together for the event. A rally will follow the march. Speakers from organized labor groups and worker owned cooperatives will address the crowd. John Kernodle is organizing the march:
John Kernodle: "We don’t just want to demonstrate. We want to start to build the new economy that is going to come out of the ashes of the old one. This is the first step in that process."
The Occupy Greensboro movement has been holding three general assembly meetings each week. Kernodle says the turnout has been between 30 and 75 people.