Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- Witness To A Texas Execution: Part One
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
- Have We Been Overestimating Flood Risk On The Outer Banks?
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Tue January 10, 2012
Occupy Chapel Hill Protesters To Decamp
The tents that have been at Peace and Justice Plaza in downtown Chapel Hill since mid-October will be packed up today. Occupy Chapel Hill-Carrboro organizers say a press conference, potluck dinner and dance party will mark the end of this phase of the occupation. Katya Roytburd is involved with planning today's activities. She says the Occupy Chapel Hill-Carrboro movement has a busy agenda.
Katya Roytburd: We'd like to move into more work around foreclosures, you know people have talked about trying to do work around the Democratic National Convention you know coming up later this year in Charlotte, we have some folks planning an occupy the courts day, we're also working on forming a health care working group.
Roytburd says the occupy movement is also leaving the plaza to make room for Martin Luther King, Junior Day activities being planned by the Chapel Hill-Carrboro branch of the NAACP.