Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Business & Economy
Mon June 13, 2011
Obama Brings Jobs Council to Durham, Raleigh
President Barack Obama has been making the rounds across the country looking for ways to help spur economic growth and job creation. Today he is scheduled to stop in Durham.
President Obama and his Jobs and Competitiveness Council are gathering at Cree Manufacturing. Cree has been held up by the White House as a job-creator during these tough economic times. Its clean-energy L-E-D lighting continues to get a lot of buzz. Vice President Joe Biden and Energy Secretary Steven Chu visited Cree last year. Meanwhile, President Obama’s approval rating is back on a downward slide – the economy is a top reason why. The Jobs and Competitiveness Council is meeting with the president to discuss initiatives to help accelerate hiring across the country.