Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed December 4, 2013
NPR's Planet Money Follows The Life Of A T-Shirt
Originally published on Tue December 17, 2013 11:03 am
If you’ve been listening to NPR this week, you’ve probably heard about something called the t-shirt project.
Months ago, Planet Money had the idea to design a t-shirt and follow it around the world as it was manufactured.
The project took the Planet Money team around the globe: from factories in Bangladesh and Colombia, to cotton farms and container ships.
Planet Money contributing editor Alex Blumberg is leader of the project and joins Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson to explain.
- Videos & interactive site: Planet Money Makes A T-Shirt