Most Active Stories
- UNC Board Of Governors A Step Closer To Closing Academic Centers
- Stranded At School: Chapel Hill-Carrboro Lets Out Before Buses Can Hit The Road
- The Life, Legacy, And Science of "Queen of Agrobacterium" Mary-Dell Chilton
- Snowstorm Knocks Out Power For Thousands - Black Ice Threat Through Friday Morning
- Nursing Injuries In Asheville
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue November 5, 2013
North Carolina Teachers Protest Education Legislation
Yesterday, hundreds of North Carolina teachers staged “walk-ins” to protest recent cuts to spending and another year without raises.
But many Republican lawmakers claim the state’s education budget is actually higher than it has ever been. Host Frank Stasio talks with Dave DeWitt, WUNC’s Raleigh Bureau Chief and Education Reporter about the politics behind yesterday’s walk-ins.