Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Fri October 19, 2012
North Carolina Politics
When Gov. Beverly Perdue announced earlier this year that she wasn’t running for a second term, she became North Carolina’s first one-term governor in nearly 40 years. Her unexpected bowing out and the recent redistricting have combined to create a turbulent election season on the state level. Host Frank Stasio will be joined by two local political reporters to weigh in on elections across North Carolina. Jessica Jones is the Capitol Bureau Chief at WUNC and Laura Leslie is the Capitol Bureau Chief for WRAL-TV.