Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Fri January 18, 2013
North Carolina Buses Leave For Obama Inauguration
The Raleigh-based Martin Luther King Committee has chartered six buses heading to Washington D-C for President Obama’s Inauguration.
The buses will pull out in the morning – leaving from Raleigh, Durham and Charlotte.
Phyllis Coley, the founder of Spectacular Magazine, helped organize the trip. She will ride the Durham bus.
Phyllis Coley: "I’m going for the second time, because again, the same way I felt the first time, I don’t think that I will see another African American president sworn-in in my life-time."
Coley says she wanted her second inauguration trip to be even more historic. She says the group will also spend their time in D-C visiting the King Memorial and the Smithsonian Museum of African Art.
Arts & Culture