Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri March 1, 2013
No. 3 Duke Not At Its Best In Upset Loss to Virginia
No. 3 Duke suffered an upset loss Thursday night at the hands of Virginia, 73-68.
Coach Mike Krzyzewski said his team was focused on the matchup despite their preparation for no. 5 Miami this weekend.
"Virginia just played great. They were terrific tonight," Krzyzewski said.
"They had our full attention and preparation for this. They beat us when we were trying to be at our best and it's because of them that we were not."
The Blue Devils got 28 points from Seth Curry. All but five of those came in the second half.
Duke made less than 40 percent of its shots from the field while the Cavaliers got a career-high 36 points from Joe Harris.