Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- Durham-Chapel Hill Light Rail Project: Where Those Rails Might Go
- 'High School Is Not Easy. It's Not'
- NC County Will Trade Vintage Bonnie And Clyde Style Machine Guns For New Weapons
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Thu November 29, 2012
A Night Of Spectacle In New York City
Originally published on Thu November 29, 2012 9:18 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne, with a couple of bright moments from a city still recovering from a dark storm. On Staten Island, people were startled by this dreamlike sight: a zebra and a pony trotting down the street, chased by two men in dark suits carrying lassos. The creatures had escaped from a private menagerie. And in Manhattan last night, Rockefeller Center turned dazzling, lit up by its Christmas tree: an 80-foot spruce adorned with 45,000 lights. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.